Lawnmower Blenny not eating

BL1

I've had my Lawnmower since about July, and he has always been picking at algae around the tank but, over the past 2 months my system has seemed to mature a bit and I don't really get algae growth on my rocks anymore, just a little bit of film on the glass. I've started putting in algae sheets every 3rd day but he never touches them. He still goes around picking at the rocks but, there's nothing really there and he's getting skinnier and skinnier.

At this point I've tried 2 different kinds of algae sheets and soaking them in garlic but he doesn't seem interested. I've even seen him perch himself ON TOP of the sheet but, he won't eat it! Any suggestions?

This is what happened to my lawnmower earlier this year. You could try soaking the sheets in garlic to entice his appitite, but that didnt work for me. Mine ended up starving to death :sniffles:

Yea I've already tried the garlic, it gets my clowns more interested in the sheets then the blenny :frustrat:

Have you tryed tying the sheets to a piece of rubble?

Thats all I've ever done, I don't have an algae clip. I've even tried putting the rubble in different spots in the tank, in alcoves, on the rockwork, and on the sandbed but, he never shows any interest.

Sorry to hear what's going on Brian. The same thing happened to mine a few months ago. It wouldn't touch nori or anything. Then it just died. Hope you're starts to eat.

Sorry to hear what's going on Brian. The same thing happened to mine a few months ago. It wouldn't touch nori or anything. Then it just died. Hope you're starts to eat.

It's a little concerning because this is the second blenny to do this in this tank. I thought it might have been a parasite or something in my first one. But, this fish came from a different wholesaler and LFS.

Been there, done that.. I love lawnmower blennys but I won't ever get another one, I can't stand to watch them starve. Good luck.

Yea it won't touch any of it. I've heard of some peoples Blennies eating mysis, brine and other things but mine won't touch that either. I've also tried Formula Two and Rods herbivore but nothing there either.

At this point I feel like I'm just watching him die, I've been thinking maybe I should take him back to the LFS but even then I don't know if he'll eat there

i've had one he just starved to death. i like them but, i've had two previously and they both wasted away.

is this what everyone experiences?

thanks!

David

i've had one he just starved to death. i like them but, i've had two previously and they both wasted away.

is this what everyone experiences?

thanks!

David

Yep, this is my second one that's starving away .... I love Blennies but I feel like I would be irrisponsible if I tried another one.

Yea, I'll try anything that will maybe help. I know how I feel when I'm hungry I can only imagine what this little guy is feeling.

Sorry to hear about your blenny, have you tried any raw vegetables? Cucumbers, Broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and etc. Mine eats that stuff too. You may also want to try and get some emerald entree' frozen food, mine likes that too. If all else fails you can also try the sinking pellets that topfin makes. They have spirulina and algae in them and they have all kinds of other nutritious stuff in it too. I hope this helps and good luck!

Call this an educated observation.

Do you have any fish that will eat off a veggie clip?I've notice that all my fish will eat off a veggie clip by watching my tangs.even the pyramids,anthias and redspotted blenny.The pyramids and anthias aren't even herbivores.It almost feels like they can learn by example.

Call this an educated observation.

Do you have any fish that will eat off a veggie clip?I've notice that all my fish will eat off a veggie clip by watching my tangs.even the pyramids,anthias and redspotted blenny.The pyramids and anthias aren't even herbivores.It almost feels like they can learn by example.

Yes, my clowns will actually pick at the nori for a little while after I put it in. But still nothing.

Back