LED Fixture Options?

Ace5high

Reefing newb
Up until recently I have been on the fence with LED's for reef tanks, but then I had an epiphany... Ive been using LED's for electronic's/robotics for 20 years. They are great, they are reliable, they are a wonderful source of highly efficient lighting :bowdown: and I want in with an aquarium LED setup!

Are the Marineland fixtures my only option? Even their reef fixtures are only 1 watt LED's...

So in the words of my title; LED Fixture options??

The Ecoray fixtures seem to be really popular lately. You can also look into the AI LEDs, they're a littlE more expensive but have tons of features.

From my talks with my local LFS, the Marine land LED systems have a large spot light effect. The LEDs are too few and too far between them. They promote the ecoray ones.

There is also the option of a DIY. If you are into electronics, it shouldnt be too hard for you to build one.

Results for DIY Retrofit Kits

or

Aquarium Lighting | LED Aquarium Lighting

Both sell kits. I have not used either of their websites, so I am unsure of their quality of service.

I'd suggest taking a look at the Aqua Illumination LEDs, if you tank is on the shallower side, you could also look at the Ecoxotic fxitures as well

+1 BJ

I was thinking the same exact thing. If you are into robotics, and can build them, go DIY.

The first link BJ posted is a company I actually know out here in California. I went to a LED building seminar with these guys. Their stuff is great, super user friendly, and BRIGHT.

+1 BJ

I was thinking the same exact thing. If you are into robotics, and can build them, go DIY.

The first link BJ posted is a company I actually know out here in California. I went to a LED building seminar with these guys. Their stuff is great, super user friendly, and BRIGHT.

I agree, I was looking at some of those kits and thats a great idea! Still are not cheap even to diy thought, lol

I made a 30w LED light for my nano tank it cost me $18. I used the light stips from a JBJ 28g, each stip has 5 3w LED's on it. There bright and cheap!

Back