led lighting brightness info needed

I spent a lot of time researching LEDs to replace my MH setup. The things I looked for were the LED brand (Cree is best), controllability, and the LED wattage. I can't vouch for the fixtures you linked to above, but I am worried that their power level indicates they are 1watt LEDs, 3w would be ideal. You can always dial them back, but can't easily increase power.

What size tank are you running? How deep is it?

You might be ok running two of them. I would not feel comfortable recommending them for higher intensity corals like SPS. The shallower tank might do just fine tho.

That fixture uses higher wattage LEDs but no real control other than an on and off switch. I have no experience with bridge luxe LEDs so I can't say for sure, but it should be ok?

Lower light corals would be Xenia, certain mushrooms, button polyps, etc.

The ReefBreeders value fixture is a very good fixture for the money. If your not looking for all the bells and whistles you can't go wrong here. The fixture will do a 24" cube for SPS or a 36" tank with SPS in the center, LPS around the edges and bottom and low light around the sides (low light doesn't always mean they need to be in dark areas just that they don't require the bright lights) if you email them they will answer any questions you have. I enjoyed doing business with them and I will use them again when I upgrade.

Back