LED Lighting

darrenahenson

Reefing newb
Anyone have experience with LED's? I have a galxea coral in a 30 gallon tank with a 14K LEd which is not doing well. The store I bought the coral at uses a Radion XR 30w. I'm not sure if im giving mine too much or too little light

Any help is greatly appreaciated!

The radions are far superior than most led lights out there. They are dimmable so you will be able to fine tune them for your set up.
Honestly I think they will be over kill for a 30g for price and performance. I would double check water parameters first and go from there.

I have the Reef Breeders Photon24 LED fixture over my 40G. I also have a Galxea coral and it is doing fine under the lights. My lights are at 65% at the peak of the day cycle. If it helps you at all I have the coral in a medium flow area and is at the middle level of the tank.

Here is a link if you are looking to upgrade your lights http://www.reefbreeders.com/it2060.html

Although there are other things you can check before assuming it is the lighting. The store I bought my Galxea from had them under T12 lighting and before I upgraded to the Reef Breeders fixture I had the coral under 250 watt Metal Halides. Like Mario suggested, you may want to check your tanks parameters before just throwing money at the problem.

Back