LED marineland lighting fixture

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
So I was looking up getting a clam but everything says they need high light. I have a 26-48 inch LED marineland lighting fixture. Is this good lighting? I spent a lot of money on this thing so I would have good lighting but I am finding online that people say it sucks? Right now I haves zoos,.mushrooms, xenia, Kenya tree and hammer coral and a maxi mini anemone and all are doing great.

I had that light it came with my tank but as soon as I started asking questions everyone told me no it wasnt enough. I ended up getting a aquaticlife T5 set for 99 bucks and putting the LED over my freshwater planted tank.

Depending on how deep your tank is, a Deasa may be okay under those lights, but even at the water surface, I do not think that will be enough light for a maxima or a crocera clam :(

It's interesting. I have read a ton of posts and reviews for these light fixture. There seem to be two continuous components. Someone has one and is happy with it. Or, someone doesn't have one and doesn't think it will work. I haven't found the one when the post says I tried it, all my stuff suffered and I had to get rid of it.

Seems like it would be valuable information to pass along, but I haven't found it.

It's interesting. I have read a ton of posts and reviews for these light fixture. There seem to be two continuous components. Someone has one and is happy with it. Or, someone doesn't have one and doesn't think it will work. I haven't found the one when the post says I tried it, all my stuff suffered and I had to get rid of it.

Seems like it would be valuable information to pass along, but I haven't found it.

I think the reason you aren't seeing this information is becase when people really look into this fixture, they come to the conclusion that it isnt really a good choice for most reef setups....

I think that it just hasn't been out long enough to get a good review. So far all my corals are doing great. I'm thinking about getting a more difficult coral to see if this light is strong enough. If I see any problems then I would return it of course. Idk yet. Just a thought. I don't think its a bad light. A lot of ppl just haven't stuck their neck out there and got it.

Back