LED Optic degrees?

Big K

Reefing newb
Hello, Peeps!

I was looking to get the Reefbreeders Photon 48 for my 55 long tank and was wondering about the different degree options to the LEDs. I know it's how wide a beam each LED puts out but what would be a good setting for my tank if it covers the entire length of the tank? Could Iget away with getting the 32 and alter the degree spread?

It's 48" wide and 20" deep tank FYI.

You would be hanging the fixture about 8"-10" above the water plus getting the wider angle to cover the tank but you would be loosing the depth penitration of the fixture. You would be better of getting two of the value fixtures.

+1 to both. Yes, it could be done, but you wouldn't have a very big option for corals. I remember Mitch saying that the owner recommended 2 of the value fixtures over any of their other products for his 120 gallon.

Hmm... well I liked the controller built in on the Photon48. I may just get the two values anyway since they are adjustable and just use timers.

When I get my big tank I'm getting Kessil 360s though...those are beautiful!!!! I cannot justify $800 of lights for my 5 though.

It would be cheaper in the long run since you wouldn't have to upgrade. That's why I'm a fan of LED's like the ReefBreeders or Radions. You can always add, but you don't have to really upgrade as you get bigger tanks.

Back