LED or not to LED?

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
This is somewhat of an urgent matter. Stopped by one of my LFS today and while talking to the owner, he mentioned he has a LED strip that he's trying to get rid of (recently upgraded all his tanks to LED).

I don't have specs on it but it looks legit.

I'm just looking for some quick pros/cons of LED lighting. I'm sick of my 40w PC lighting on my 10 gallon and this strip is really nice and a steal at $120 cash.

Thanks everyone.

What do you have in your tank? I have done alot of reading about LED lighting and you need to be careful on the type you get. Can you post a pic? Or get more info on the light and the type of LEDs.

Dunno about those LEDs but checkout illuminarium. Theese guys are putting out some really nice led lights that are growing sps really well. Not cheap, but was able to see the unit at an lfs in milpitas and WOW!!!! The testimonials on there are true to word. Color rendition of the corals is amazing!!!! Everything looks like it was painted in flourescent paint and put under a blacklight. Check them out! I'm just waitin for the funds so I can swap out my MH fixture for theese. Sorry about the spelling errors, but I'm posting from my blackberry at work.

Back