LEDs for a 10 gallon tank?

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
i been looking for some lighgts for my small 10Gallon without spending more that about 100$$ and came across these

Aquarium Lighting & LED Lights: Marineland LED Double Bright Lighting System

now when a couple years back when i had my old tank LEDs where barelly beign introduced for the hobby

my question is how do i know how many watts per gallon they output or does WpG go out the window with LEDs?

has anyone had any experience with them ? ive read some good reviews on LEDs ,i just dont want them to be overhyped or be dissappointed ^.^ any feedback would be great

i would like to have atleast a small clam in my tank (eventually as i know clams are more susceptible to changes)

Watts per gallon goes out the window.

Since watts is an electrical quantity, and since LEDs are more efficient, than t5s or MHs, more energy from the watts gets turned into light energy. So you will need less watts per gallon than with either t5s or MHs.

How much is needed I do not know. I am still in the research phase of LEDs myself. I am leaning towards a DIY kit from Rapid LED Home Page

It looks nice but, the description says nothing about the light itself. It doesn't tell you what kind of LEDs, what wattage (1 or 3w), or if it uses optics. For $2600 it better be a bad ass light.

Back