Lemonpeel Angelfish Experience

salt_for_brains

Alabama Reefer
I purchased a lemonpeel three weeks ago knowing the potential of it being a reef wrecker. For 2-1/2 weeks it grazed my 200lbs of live rock and eating everything I fed the tank. Then Sunday it decided to start trying some LPS with just a nip here or there. Started with frogspawn, then tried a meat coral, then acans. Then it moved to my clam and that was the last straw. Corals were looking like crap and every time my clam opened the fish was diving in for its siphon tube. Tried a couple catching techniques to no avail and had zero ambition to take out all the rocks. So I decided to drain the tank with everything in place. Gathered all my jugs and garbage can and started pumping. There was about 2" of water left in the tank when the angelfish came out front so I seized the moment and scooped it out with a net and dumped it in the sump. I pumped all the water back in the tank. The process took 20 minutes and everything(fish, corals, anemones, clam, cuc) are all out expanded and happy as meadow larks. I knew the risks associated with this fish but I sometimes push the envelope. I will trade it in tomorrow on something different. Just wanted to share my experience with one of the prettiest fish in the trade that is better for a FOWLR and not a reef.

Always the chance you take when you introduce ANY dwarf angel even though some species are more risky it still comes down to the individual fish.

I had a lemonpeel for a while. She was a great little fish but would eat any SPS I added. (Mine left softies and LPS alone.)

Back