Leopard Hind

Olly

Reefing newb
I have settled on a grouper/hind for my tank, it's a Leopard Hind. What information can anyone give me about it's care and requirements. As always, any info greatly accepted. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Groupers get large and mean, there really isn't much one can say about them. Personally I like Leafmouth groupers, Marine Bettas or Comets, Miniatus groupers and Harlequin groupers. My Leafmouth is like having a dog in an aquarium, he swims out from under his ledge to greet me every morning, lol.

Just wondering how you can settle on a fish without knowing the requirements to keep it? Half this hobby is research. I would suggest not moving forward until you know what the fish needs and if you are able to care for it.

Just wondering how you can settle on a fish without knowing the requirements to keep it? Half this hobby is research. I would suggest not moving forward until you know what the fish needs and if you are able to care for it.
Yeah it was a bit premature of me to settle on something I haven't really got much information about.

Groupers get large and mean, there really isn't much one can say about them. Personally I like Leafmouth groupers, Marine Bettas or Comets, Miniatus groupers and Harlequin groupers. My Leafmouth is like having a dog in an aquarium, he swims out from under his ledge to greet me every morning, lol.
Cool, I have read that they have brilliant personalities. It's one of the reasons I like them so much. ;)

Back