Let the journey begin.

Nice additions bud, be careful witht he flower pot though. I've been hearing that a lot of people have them and for like 6-9 months they look great and then just slime out. I'm attempting one too.. so keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll do it for you :).

Tanks looking great by the way :).

Nice additions bud, be careful witht he flower pot though. I've been hearing that a lot of people have them and for like 6-9 months they look great and then just slime out. I'm attempting one too.. so keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll do it for you :).

Tanks looking great by the way :).

I read that too so I'm watching it....so far so good in fact it seems to be doing really well.

Looks great. How are those lights doing. I just purchased the 36" version. And plan to add some corals in the next few weeks

They are working great, I have read that the bulbs will need to be changed out every 12 months so I'm planning on doing that when the time comes.

Looks awesome! One tip for the flower pot: They are slow feeders. People have more success with them if you can cover them while they eat. A two liter bottle with the bottom cut off usually works pretty well. Just squirt the food into the bottle neck and keep the pumps off for a half hour or so. Good luck with it!

i just got those lights that you have in the mail...is it me or is it a pain in the butt to get that piece of plexiglass back in after you put the bulbs in? did you put yours back in? i was thinking of maybe trimming the edges. not sure if that would help.

The plexiglass went right in on mine but the end trim piece was a pain in the A$$ to get back in....seems like it took me awhile to get the screws put back in place....Good Luck!

you took out all those little black screws on the side? that whole plate popped off?

obviously no instructions..i guess this is what you get from ebay lol

how did you place your bulbs. i originally set them up as blue white blue white blue white but the way the programming looks. should it be 3 blue together and 3 white together? and how is your programming set up timing wise? what goes on when and forlong long? thanks

I alternated the lights every other one. I programmed with the 1st bank to come on at 8am then the 2nd to follow at 10am. First bank off at 4 pm and 2nd off at 5pm. Moon lights on at 5pm and off at midnight. Seem to work really well for me, my corals are doing great. But then I only have the easy corals in my tank so far.

Well it's been 5 months since I started my tank. It's been fun to watch it develope. I thought I would post some pic's of the corals when they were first added to the tank and what they look like today. Also have some new additions of a Yellow Tang and a Duncan coral.
Pipe Organ

Red Mushroom

Flower Pot

Goni

Time for a quick update...I'm been so busy this summer I haven't spent very much time on here, I have been taking care of my tank though and have added a few new things in the last couple of months

I added this BTA about a month ago, it's only moved about 3" from where I placed him so he seem's to be happy

A new colony of Zoa's starting to form between the two that I placed

a couple of new tank mates

and an FTS

7 months and 13 days old....more later

Back