Lets have some pointers

Both Canon and Nikon make good dslr's. Buy the one with the biggest image size and most features that you can afford.

For shooting my tank I have my Canon set at the highest number it's got. I forget what that is right now but I shoot all the way up. I have an editing program that will pull the noise out for me so I can get away with higher numbers. Also, with my tank my shots are never really 'once in a lifetime' shots. If I were shooting a wedding or something I would be more conservative with my settings but with my tank I can usually get that shot again if it's too noisy or something. Also, I don't shoot fish my horses are pretty slow movers.

All in all, I would listen to Dennis when it comes to exposures. He comes from a commercial photography background and his shots have more clarity than mine. I come from a fine art background and that artsy, blurry, noisy stuff is attractive to me. Dennis' shots are fabulous when it comes to rich saturated colors and clear exposures.

Photography is a wonderful hobby and it is incredibly rewarding. Unfortunately, I think I found the two most expensive hobbies: reefing and photography!

C

Heres another tip Catherine got me to using.
She told me to get a notebook and whenever I'm taking pictures,to write down the exact camera settings that I used.I've completely filled 2 college rule notebooks since then.
And like any other kind of shooting,practice,practice,practice,then practice some more.

haha i gotta get a better camera to practice practice practice.

but setting up a tank already takes a lot out of my pocket. cameras can get really expensive:shock:

Back