Lets see some of your Tyree corals

I was wrong, I have 2.

IMG_1960.jpg

Tyree LE Tri Color = 25.00

IMG_1957.jpg

Tyree Sunset Monti = 25.00

Both traced to Steve, either by direct sale of a frag, or an affiliate. But again, I got these from a local guy I know, and trust, and paid 25.00 a piece for them. I'd love a bubblegum chalice, but ain't bending over for that price.

Those aren't looking too good. The validia obviously is dead at the bottom and has algae growing on it and the sunset is really bleached looking.

Tyree Bali Tricolor Validia
tricolor_11-18-09.jpg

Tyree Sunset Monti
sunset_1-19-10.jpg

Usually they are very colorful and they keep their colors. They are like ORA corals in that are "home grown" so they adapt better to our systems. Lots of maricultured and wild corals loose their colors and/or don't live very long in our tanks.

Last edited:
Those aren't looking too good. The validia obviously is dead at the bottom and has algae growing on it and the sunset is really bleached looking.
ccCapt, those pics were taken the day I got them home. The sunset has actually come into colr and started to plate out. The Tri-color is still holding it's color like in the pic, and has grown a bit.

Bump. Because I bought my first Tyree coral today. I bought a frag of the LE Blue Chalice or something or another. It's not one of the expensive Tyree corals, but it sure is pretty. Pics to come!

I lost both of my tyree pieces....had the Babies Breath Favia and Mia's pot of gold favia...lost them both within a couple days time.

Back