Lets see your MD

wanna send me that sunset monti to the left haha...nice pictures hiker!

It's actually not a sunset. It's a Tyree Grinch Monti or reverse sunset. Here's my Sunset.

015-1.jpg

"I'm ready for my close-up master Dana"
:lol:

LMAO, yea...NOW FEED ME!!!:bowdown: Wish i could record me feeding him. He waits in front of the eye dropper for me to shoot out the food. I also need to restock my copepods. Dunno how im rollin in that dep. Thats another 20 bucks:grumble:

well i guess i should posted up here a long while back i had my first mandarin for 8 months he lived happy and fat in a 10 gallon tank that was only a month old when i got him he ate frozen foods and loved danceing when id come into the room the day i moved some live rock into his new 24 gallon paradise i placed a cleaned out applesauce jar in the tank oo hed have something to hide behind, he instantly took to liveing and sleeping either in,on, or hanging out of the jar.
but one terrible monday i woke up to find his tank mate dead and him floating in the spill way of the filter the water parameters where perfect and he had been fine the night before so i pulled him out and got him into the nursery box in the 24 gallon
wednesday i let him out and he didnt swim so well i caught him again and he freaked out in the nursery box he died later that hour less than a week before my birthday
god speed mr. fishy

i have recently bought a new mandarin this time spotted a baby at les than 3/4 an inch but its not the same

Attachments

• carter-albums-stuff-my-tanks-picture900-love-fish.jpg
    carter-albums-stuff-my-tanks-picture900-love-fish.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 625
  • carter-albums-stuff-my-tanks-picture889-101-2783.jpg
    carter-albums-stuff-my-tanks-picture889-101-2783.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 345
  • carter-albums-stuff-my-tanks-picture986-seriously-mc-fishy.jpg
    carter-albums-stuff-my-tanks-picture986-seriously-mc-fishy.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 528
Man those are some really awesomely wicked looking fish the markings are all so unique you all have great looking specimens! I drool over them everytime I got to the store but my tank is way to new still.

yeah youll wanna wait for a few more months and you may want to look into a bottle of the copapods. unless you can get a mandarin that has been trained to eat frozen of are lucky enough to get one that just loves the stuff plus set up an area somewhere in your tank that has lots of nooks and crevics that the mandarin cant get close to so the pods have a safe haven to live in.
to say i know most everything thing possible about the fish is an understatement.

What an absolutely beautiful fish! Are these caught in the wild and sold or born and raised in captivity? How long can they live?

Most are wild caught, although there are a few coming onto the market that are captive bred. Either way though, they need to be a mature, established tank to provide them with the foods they need. If you are lucky enough to find one that will eat frozen you may be able to keep them in a younger tank, but they will do best in an established tank. And im not sure how long their lifespan is but i would guess it is easily 5+ years.

beautiful zoas but your mandarins really thin, however i do know sometimes when they have been skinny for a long time like in an lfs they may never regain that chubby healthy look.
and ive heard andarins will do 10 years as long as they are well taken care of and if they have a healthy life as long as 15

Last edited:
beautiful zoas but your mandarins really thin, however i do know sometimes when they have been skinny for a long time like in an lfs they may never regain that chubby healthy look.
and ive heard andarins will do 10 years as long as they are well taken care of and if they have a healthy life as long as 15

Thanks, he's definitely thin but, there's more than enough pods for him plus, he's eating frozen so I'm not too worried about fattening him up.

Back