Lets see your MD

Heres a "newer" one i took with my phone.

ebb45f6b.jpg

sad to report that my mandarin died the other day :( i found him in the overflow... it sucks to because he was as fat and healthy as ever... i think that my angelfish started picking on him after the move because i found a bite mark in his fin the day before. ive had him just over a year so i finally felt like i was a successful mandarin owner. :(
i walked out on the beach and tossed in in the ocean...
RIP zappa

IMG_1274.png

It may be a little soon but here's my new mandarin... Just acclimated him. I got him from a guy on my local forum. A little skinny but not too bad and he's a good 3+ inches so pretty hefty. Hopefully he won't meet the same fate as Zappa. (RIP)

0cc3782f.jpg

I swear, mandarins are just one of my top favorite fish :D My LFS knows that if they ever have a frozen-food eating mandarin, to give me first dibs LOL

Very sorry to hear about your MD lilduud....very sad :(

And on a side note, THIS has got to be the funniest string of posts:

omg the grammar Lol

Said the pot to the kettle.

there was like 5 bad grammar that i fixed with the computer

mine costed 30 buck too it was wild it know how to eat frozens now

Come on, son....get wit' da grammar! :mrgreen:

DSCF0604.jpg

Here's my guy. I think he has gotten a little skinnier since i got him. I do have a fuge set up with lots of rock and macro algae (for pod growth). I notice him constantly pecking all over the tank, I'm assuming he is eating pods. But I still wonder if he's not getting enough food. He is ORA raised and supposed to eat frozen food, but I've never seen him actively go for my frozen foods (brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and "prime reef" frozen food mix). Is there a specific food someone has experience in that knows mandarins can't resist?!

Do you turn off your powerheads when u try to feed him? They are slow movers. I turn off my powerheads when I feed mine and it makes it easier for him to just come to the dropper. Lately mine is picky and waits till I put food on other corals and nips at it then lol. Mine likes brine and mysis mix.

I believe the ORA mandarins are trained on Nutramar Ova. Its not cheap, but I've had it for my corals for a while. I just bought a mandarin the other day for my wife. I'm trying to get a few photos, but he's still pretty shy. He was eating Nutramar at the LFS where I purchased him from

Back