Lettuce Nudi

moneek09

Reefing newb
So, we have just set up a reef tank (no corals yet) its been a FOWLR tank for years, now that we have the correct lighting we decided to branch out from the regular, and purchase a nudibranch.

First off, I've done my reasearch on this lil guy, and now i think he needs a friend. My problem is that I cant figure out if I can get another type of nudi to add with him in the tank, or if I should just get another lettuce nudi.

Ive read that some eat other nudi's but it never says what types are safe with what, or not safe.... just that some eat others if no sufficent food is present.

Please help.

Im not getting any until i get some real feed back. Thanks in advance!

~M

Another Lettuce Nudi would be fine.As long as there is enough algae for both of the to eat.
9 times out of 10,lettuce nudis will starve to death once all the hair algae and bryopsis are gone from the tank.

nudis arent really a good addition to the tank because yes they do their jobs, but they do them to well and usually eat all their food and then slowly starve to death

I would not suggest adding another nudi. and i really hope you have enough byropsis for the guy to eat. thats what they mainly feed on

I tried a lettuce nudi once, back when I was new to the hobby. It only lasted 3 weeks in my tank :( Even if you do have a lot of algae for them to eat, they tend to not live long. In general, nudis are very hard to keep (we don't even know what most of them eat). It's a shame since they are so beautiful.

Thanks guys....

We have 2 tanks, and the one that the Nudi is in is actually what we are trying to start up as a reef tank. The Nudi stays mostly on the one side of the tank, where we are constantly replacing the rock. See the thing is that our largest tank (at this time) is a 135 and its located between 2 large windows... = hair alge like you wouldnt beleive!!!! So we switch out rocks from there to provide muchies to the nudi... So far it seems to be working, since the 135 is my trigger tank, they dont do anything for it. And with the 95 reef's Nudi cleaning all the time.... ITS PERFECT!

We have had him now for 4 months... I just thought it may be time to add another.

~M

sounds like you have quite the setup that works there! any pictures of the 2 setups and the nudi going to town? that would be cool

Back