lettuce nudi

lilduud

Reefing newb
so im thinking of getting a lettuce nudi to eat away all of my hair algae problems... ive been able to keep it from growing at all but i need something to wipe it out... anyway i now that after it destroyed my hair algae it would starve so i was going to give it to my fellow reefing friend with a much larger tank. my question is how long do you think it would take a lettuce nudi to clean a 10 gallon spotless... i mean i wanna get as much use out of him before i give him away but i dont want to malnourish or starve him

Lettuce nudis will only eat one specific type of algae -- bryopsis. Unless you have bryopsis algae, the lettuce nudi will starve to death.

Is that the type of algae that you have? They won't eat hair algae.

oh wow then my lfs is very very very uninformed... i asked what would eat longish hair algae and they said sea hares and lettuce nudis... thank you for the correction.

yea i know helllll no on the sea hare haha it would take up like 10 percent of the space hah... yea ill probly just do that... ill need to really do some manual work on the algae though theres no way a turbo can eat algae that long.

Back