Lettuce Nudibranch

SoccerPro522

Reefing newb
I think this creature is really cool looking but it looks like it would be poisonous or eat my coral or something... IDK I just get a bad feeling when I look at it but it is so cool to look at... does anybody have experience with this creature or any stories

They eat bryopsis algae only. If you don't have bryopsis, it will starve. And if you do, it will starve when it runs out of it. :( They usually do not live long in our systems, a couple weeks to a couple months, although some people have been able to keep them longer. They are reef safe and not poisonous, but they are probably not worth keeping because of their poor survival rate in captivity.

Seriously, I did not know these things eat bryopsis? May have to try it and see if i can get rid of it when its gone.

Thanks for starting this thread, i learned something.

:D

If you really want to have one for a while, get a ring of reefers who are having algae problems and trade him between tanks. That way everyone can enjoy him and have their algae go away!

well, you have to chose your partners with care. They have to have one with good water quality and they know how to properly acclimate the sensitive guys. There is one in my local reefing club that gets traded around, but you have to get ok'ed before you can go on the list.

Back