Level

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Is your tank completely level? By looking at my water line in my tank, it seems to be off maybe by an 1/8 of an inch. Should this be something to worry about?

Maybe. You are advised to make sure the tank is level before filling it with water. You wouldn't want somthing to crack or break it because the weight is distributed unevenly. But then again, I have a horrible track record when it comes to "handiness" so maybe you shouldn't be listening to the person who doesn't have a working kitchen sink right now because I *attempted* to fix the disposal by myself!

as long as there aren't any gaps in between the tank and stand to cause stress points in the glass you will probaly be ok. except your'e fish will be swimming down hill one direction and up hill the other:)

Like Fish said,it'll cause your fish to have longer fins on one side.
I dont think 1/8 inch out of plum will hurt any thing.You'll find very few floors that are even that close to level,especially in a house thats a couple of years old.

An 1/8 wont hurt IMO. My 30 is off by about that and its been set up for almost a year that way, and my 55 is off by atleast a 1/2 inch and it's ok. I woundn't recomend the 1/2 but the 1/8 should be fine.

Thats about the only way you can level it.Just be sure that the shim dont leave any gaps between the bottom of the stand and the floor.
I'b be more concerned about that.

my tanks are always about a 1/4 of an inch off. I make sure there level before I fill them with water and by the time there done being filled they always seem to be 1/4 inch off. I have never worried about it much.

I think its almost impossible to get a tank completely leveled. Jerm has tried so many times and has given up. Of course he hasn't tried with this new stand he has built for our 125. No telling when there will be water in it. ;)

I think its almost impossible to get a tank completely leveled. Jerm has tried so many times and has given up. Of course he hasn't tried with this new stand he has built for our 125. No telling when there will be water in it. ;)

Is he using anything to level it now?

Back