LFS Props!!

I thought it would be good to start a thread about good LFS's. Since I am from the Houston, TX area (SW side) I am going to recommend

T&T Fish and Reptile
6862 Highway 6 (@ Bellaire Blvd)
Phone: 281-933-3367
Houston, TX

This place has been very good to me for years. They have a lot of knowledge and they have absolutely amazing display tanks in the store.

Just reply with your favorite LFS and maybe another member that lives in the same area as you will visit that store and give them business. A lot of folks do online shopping, but I just felt that it would be good to give our favorite LFS's some props.

Thanks

Last edited:
Boise ID - none...... well we only have one left petco and zamzows included. i dont count those. the only LFS that you can go to here is not that great. but i dont hate it i just go to get what i need and get out.

Boise ID - GARF http://www.garf.org/ support these people as much as you can. they are very knowledgable and are wonderful people. online and phone orders only now. but they are truly great people

I am in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and I would have to say Reef Chief is the best in this area. There are some other good ones but Reef Chief runs circles around most.

Aquatic Critters in Nashville is hands down the best place here.The only thing I wish is that the doctors and lawyers that visit the store woundn't snatch up all the good stuff(acans,micros,blastos)before everyone else gets a chance.....leaving the brown mushrooms for the rest of us commoners.

http://www.aquaticcritter.com/

Iraq Vet.
Have you shopped at fish r us houston. It is north of houston just a little bit. Whenever we are down there visiting friends we always stop by and take some stuff home. The always pack everything up for us like they would ship because it is about an 8hr drive for us. They have good selection of frags also.
http://www.fishrushouston.com/

Hoopsdaddy.....I have not been there yet. I actually have never heard of that store. I live about 30 miles south to southwest of Houston (plenty of Hurricane Ike damage for me too). I mainly get my stuff through www.Liveaquaria.com . I bought 2 five gallon buckets of instant ocean salt mix for less than the cost of one bucket at Petco and that included shipping cost.

As far as the hurricane....my tanks faired well....I lost my blue-throat trigger fish due to it though.

their also a place called bayarea aquatics the owner minh is cool and his wife is hottt err I mean LOL it's entering Houston from Galveston where frys and main even are

I-45 and exit 27 I think going from Galveston

their also a place called bayarea aquatics the owner minh is cool and his wife is hottt err I mean LOL it's entering Houston from Galveston where frys and main even are

I-45 and exit 27 I think going from Galveston

If you live in Galveston then I guess you got hit pretty bad? You werent one of those that decided to stay on the Island were you? I also heard that Moody Gardens Aquarium Pyramid did just fine through the hurricane. I love that place. They have bad-ass aquariums there.

Live Aquaria gets thumbs up for me. I ordered all of my sand for the 165 and DSB for the fuge from them and it cost the same as 3 20lb bags from lfs. And yes that is shipped to the door.
More important is that you are all well after Ike. Sorry to hear about the b-t trigger. I know that sucks but at least you are all well.
Hoopsdaddy.....I have not been there yet. I actually have never heard of that store. I live about 30 miles south to southwest of Houston (plenty of Hurricane Ike damage for me too). I mainly get my stuff through www.Liveaquaria.com . I bought 2 five gallon buckets of instant ocean salt mix for less than the cost of one bucket at Petco and that included shipping cost.

As far as the hurricane....my tanks faired well....I lost my blue-throat trigger fish due to it though.

There used to be another good LFS in Dayton Tx.But that might be a little out of y'alls way.And it was years ago when I was there.So you know how that goes.

Yote,
Gonna have to give ya a lil Southification lesson. Y'all is spelled Ya'll. I might have even let ya slide with a Yawl. Now I will forgive ya for a typo but you bein a Ga boy you shouda knowd dat. Maybe dats how dem back easterners spell it?
Never met a georgia boy who didn't hunt, fish, and camp.
Glad to see you were raised right.lol

Im not really a Ga bo,Im a missplaced hillbilly from southeast Tennessee:mrgreen:
And give me my bow,put me in the white oak over yonder and Im as happy as a duck in a junebug pen.
And ats how we spell Y'all,LOL.In them foot hills down by crek.

haaaa! Well said! Give me a fishing pole and set me down by the crek and I as happy as a guy with a new 165g reef tank. lol
What's even funnier is I had to read Y'all 3 times to figure out what you were trying to say....

Now we should get back on topic or Iraq Vet might hunt us both down!

I also shop at Dallas North Aquarium every time we are near Dallas. Does anyone know any other really good places in the Dallas area to shop for fish and corals?

Country Living in Mechanicville, NY
http://www.saltcreep.net/

It's a hardware store that has an aquarium store built in. Not only does it have a boat load of corals, the owner really cares about the hobby. He helped me get started by giving me a zoanthid rock after my zoanthids from another place died, just to see if it was my tank or the zoanthids. He also gave me a deal on my duncans and only charged me for two instead of three heads since I was just starting out. I went back and purchased the green stylo from him as well and it's doing great. He uses all cultured corals, which is important to me.

By the way, the on-line section is new and a work in progress.

Back