Lifelong fish addict finds site

Aquagrrl

Reefing newb
Greetings everyone!

I was searching about seahorses (as I do more often than is healthy) and stumbled upon the seahorse and pipefish forum here, and I just had to join! :bounce:

I've been keeping fish since I was too young to remember, and started my first marine tank* in 1999, which also happened to be my first marine tank. As if I wasn't hooked enough already, saltwater became even more of an obsession.

Flash forward to today, I have 4 "display" tanks; 1 sps reef, one softy/seahorse reef, one seahorse lagoon biotope, one dwarf tank. I also have a fish room full of tanks. Breeding is my other interest, though I am still working on getting things set up to really dive in. I've bred and raised seahorses and a single bangai cardinal. I currently have a breeding pair of clowns and a breeding pair of bluestriped pipefish, but I'm not quite set up to raise them yet. My short list of other fish I want to breed: yellowhead jawfish, royal gramma, mandarins.

My syngnathid collection consists of: a colony of dwarf seahorses, a pair of H. fuscus, 3 H. reidi females, a pair of H. erectus, a lonely H. comes male, blue striped pipefish pair, 6 florida pugnosed pipefish and 4 misc pipefish from florida (been too lazy to id them, but there are two species for sure).

I also have a small website about seahorses and their kin at FusedJaw: Seahorses, Pipefish & Seadragons. yes, I am a bit obsessed.

So, hi everybody!! :regular_w

*actually, I had a saltwater tank with dwarf seahorses when I was 12, but alas went back to freshwater for a number of years before rediscovering saltwater. And yes, I ordered them from the back of a "Field & Stream" magazine.

Welcome to the site.
I cant say as I've ordered any of my livestock from Field and Stream.But it an awesome magazine.:D

Welcome to the site!Some pics of everything you have going would be great.

I need to get the old camera out. I haven't taken pictures of my tanks in a while, at least not since they've been in their current configurations. If I'm not to busy cleaning tanks this weekend maybe I'll run around with the camera!

Welcome to the site. You on-line magazine looks great! Looks like you have a very extensive knowledge of Seahorses. It'll be great having you around here.

Welcome in we dont have a 12 step program for this addiction we just go for it and keep each other wanting more. :D

Back