Lifereef Refugium II

yote said:
I really dont even think you'd have to have the IRs.I took mine out of my novas,and my acros are in the bottom of the tank,just about 2 inches up off the sand and are thriving and growing.Plus the colors are great.

Reef,even at buying bulbs seperate,I think that would be an awesome light for SPS. And you wont get as much heat as the MHs.

Mine doing great too yote...I don't think IR is needed on our tanks either but on the 210 being 25'' deep(3''-4'' sandbed)...just want to be on the safe side.

I want ya to check these out,the Sfiligoi lighting...No way I'm buying these but they can be setup to a natural sunrise/sunset.....Aquarium Obsessed - Aquatronica, Custom Aquariums, H&S, Tunze, Fauna Marin, Milwaukee, Prodibio, Shuran, Sfiligoi and More!

I'm gonna end up divorced.Maybe someday I will be able to afford one of those lights.Maybe i'll hit the lottory.

yea i bought my pc special order in 200o and no one started to sell them until reacentinly i run 4 96 watt lights on my 50 gal

Here's a pic of the tank.....
AGA 210 megaflow with modern oak stand.Man was that thing heavy.I can't wait til everything is setup.It will be awhile before I can afford everything that I wanted.Oh and BTW,I'm 100% sure that I'll be going with the lifereef sump/fuge...just not sure on what model yet?I prolly give Jeff a call before the end of the week.

P6051016.JPG

Last edited:
WOW, great looking tank!!! I cant wait to see it set up. What are you planning for livestock? This going to be a reef or FOWLR? I take it a reef.

Congrats on the new system. you will have room to have a lot of fun with that one. will be watching this thread for sure.

Thanks everyone,

Bobby its going to a mix reef but leaning toward SPS dominant.The sump/fuge is custom built and won't be ready til end of July,early Aug.Thats ok,maybe by that time I might have the money for the lights.I need to research the calcium reactors/CO2 etc..maybe Jhnrb can help me in chat.

Countdown to water,,hopefully end of August.

hey thats a awesome tank man no joke. looks like it is going to be a great setup, but will you let me know what model you go with from Jeff? thanks and again, sweet tank.

Joey,strange that you just replied.I talked to Jeff earlier today...I did it.

I didn't actually ordered the Refugium II but did ordered the LF1-300s with in sump skimmer and separate 24'' refugium.The return bulkhead were move to the front of the sump because the sump and fuge together will be 64'' long.I will post the price if you like,but ''I'' might faint.:faint:

**BTW put into account 100-150 for shipping all that equipment**

Last edited:
that sounds awesome freak!!!! i think those systems are great, but if you get pics post them, and when it is all set up let us know how you like it.

Will do Joe....
Soon I will start a tank build thread like I seen other people have done with lots of pics as it progresses.

Back