Lifereef VS-24 Skimmer

darren0311

Reefing newb
Does anyone have or know any info on this skimmer, it sounds like a good skimmer but never used one, I got it in a trade,

Lifereef VS-24 Skimmer

Darren

I'm looking at this for my 90 gal (will be setting up soon). Unless I get an overflow, I will probably be looking at the hang on model. Didn't have the experience of forethought to order a pre-drilled tank.

Is the skimmer really as maintenance free as their website claims? Sounds like a dream. What about noise?

Chiqui,you could always get a overflow box from them too.

Honestly,I didn't believe those claims either.Three years now with that skimmer and all I do is empty the collection cup every three days.Very quiet as far as skimmers goes.What the heck,get the whole package-sump,skimmer,fuge,overflow box.

Now I'm really juiced up about this!! I plan on calling them for a recommendation/quote sometime today. I've been looking for a place to spend my income tax refund....think I just found it!

Just be sure to get all the measurements from under your stand.They'll build you a custome set up and include all the plumbing.

reeffreak: I did get the lifereef system (sump, skimmer, overflow box). I just can't get the skimmer to work properly. It seems to overflow at night and I get nothing during the day. Could the additional heat from the lights be affecting the performance? I notice that the water temp runs 1-2 degrees higher when the lights are on.

Back