Light Bulbs for Current USA Nova Extreme Pro

reefnoob

Reefing newb
What kind of light bulbs do I use? I noticed on marine depot there is 1 kind labeled as "slimpaq" for this light fixture. Do I have to use these kinds of light bulbs or can I use any kind of 48inch bulb?

What kind and brand of fixture do you have? I am assuming that it is a T5, you should be able to use any brand of T5 bulb with it as long as it is the correct size and wattage for the ballast of course.

I have a 4 bulb current fixture that I bought used and I am switching out to ATI. I just replaced the blue and am going to do the white next pay. 2 of the bulbs were coralife and 2 were the slimpaq. I don't remember if the 2 I already were replaced were the slimpaq or not, but I think if I recall when I was researching this fixture the slimpaq bulbs were discontinued.

I think different people do different combinations depending on the look you want. So far I got 2 blue plus. The other 2 bulbs I'm replacing I will be getting 1 coral plus and 1 aquablue special. This is all new to me also so it will be trial and error.

You can call ReefGeek and tell them the look you are after, and they can recommend the bulbs to get you there. As far as bulbs that make colors pop, you're going to want to look into an Aquablue Special or Fiji Purple

Back