Lighting 90 Gal Reef Tank

DrewG

Reefing newb
I am trying to figure out what to buy to light up my 90 gallon reef tank. I was given excellent help in the new to reefing forum and just wanted to make sure that this would be ok before I made the purchase.

Here is one option given to me - Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 6X54 Watt, 48 inch
when i looked at what that website gave under my tank size (48x18x24) this was not a listed option, what do you guys think? Here is the lighting chart the sight gives 24 Aquarium Light 24 Inch Aquarium Light 24 Aquarium Lighting 36 Aquarium Light 36 Inch Aquarium Light 36 Aquarium Lighting 48 Aquarium Light 48 Inch Aquarium Light 48 Aquarium Lighting 72 Aquarium Light 72 Inch Aquarium Light 72 Aquarium Lighting

The other option given to me was
Odyssea Metal Halide System

What do you guys think? I know nothing about lighting. This will be a tank I want to grow corals in. Thanks to BL1 for getting me this far in my lighting search!

Go with the Nova Extreme Pros. They are good lights. I use that fixture over my 90. The 48" Odyssea lights would be good for your tank too.

+1 Biff, she uses the extreme pros and has a beautiful tank. I use the your other option on my 75g but it's more than enough light for a 90g as well.

So the nova will allow me to keep all types of coral and coral friendly fish? Awesome and thanks for the help glad the 350 buck light will work. Thought I was going to spend mote like 500! :D

Back