lighting help plz!!!!!!

kenlo

Reefing newb
i have a column tank that is 15 inch square, I'm have a hard time trying to find a hood or top stand of that size with the right amount of wattage for my tank. Can someone help me to find a product with that dimmension that can fit or any ideas what i can do.
right now all have found is a jebo compact 18w that has a blue and white lamp.
the only thing i have and plan to keep having for now is soft corals;
all i have is
a leahter coral
star polyps
buttom polyps
and zoanthid
plz help me!!

Have you looked at hanging lamps? I sure you can find a good 12" T5 fixture and hang it if the mounting legs don't fit. Shouldn't cost much.

Perhaps I spoke too soon, I found a 18" T5 fixture but I'm not finding a 12". You can use a bigger fixture but it will of course spill out around the tank.

How deep is your tank?

Can someone plz explain to me the difference between hilide, led, and the other types of lights? I've seen the LEDs are low wattage but ppl buy it. I would like to have a better understanding so I don't buy something worthless.
Thx

Halides use a lot of power and produce a lot of heat, but produce a nice shimmer effect and are very good for photosynthesis. LEDs are very energy efficient and don't produce any heat but tend to be more expensive. T5s are more efficient than halides but don't have any shimmer.

Back