Lighting: Need opinion on this item - Aqua Pro 75W (25x3W) CREE LED...

RockStacker

Reefing newb
Please note that this will be for a soft coral tank and I'm looking for an eventual replacement for my 4x 65w Power Compact fixtures.
I'm thinking of getting two of these.

Aqua Pro 75W (25x3W) CREE LED Aquarium Reef Tank Light White/Blue Aluminum USA | eBay

With my current fixtures, the SunPaq 65w bulbs cost about $22 each to replace. So I am thinking if I switch to these, I will save on the bulb replacement costs for a few years. (And power consumption too?)
I currently have a 10-12 month replacement schedule with my bulbs.

Again, this would not be for hardcore SPS growing. So I'm not looking for super-bright LEDs. I just want reliable equipment that would perform better than my current fixture when it is time to replace the bulbs.

Has anyone seen these lights in action?

It supposedly has Cree's in it, those are about the brightest LED's we can get (for this hobby at least) I'd say you'd have no issues with softies or SPS - assuming the fixture is what it says it is. Good LED fixtures are expensive for a reason, I'd be VERY weary of anything sold on Ebay - there are a lot of sub par Chinese knock offs floating around right now.

When I did all my research on LED's ~1.5 yeras ago Aqua Pro was not one of the names I came across...

Thanks for the input.

I have just changed out my PC bulbs last month so I have some time to shop around before I need to decide whether to stick to my PC fixture or jump into LEDs :).

Maybe by that time things get better in terms of price.

Look into rapidled.com. They sell kits or presumable DIY led kits for pretty cheap. And they actually have a name to stand behind. Nothing like eBay seller. IMHO

If you want my 2 cents, they are from China, whom generally make cheap, tacky knock offs. As Matty said, look into RApidLED, they have some nice DIY ones, and soldering isnt too hard. If I can do it, so can you :p

I would avoid these.
1. They claim that they are 75w but the box will only say 50w. Why the mislabling?
2. Fast shipping from West Coast, but location is Minnesota. What is up with that?

The description just doesn't sound right.

CREE LED would be the best suggestable as they work efficiently with innovative features and also consumes less power. LEDs are the best ever lights which are long lasting, they may be expensive but also gives the good results without giving you the more electric bill.

Back