Lighting Question

Dturner

Reefer Madness
Hey Guys,

I need some advice. I own a 48 Inch T5HO fixture with 4-54w Actinic bulbs and 2-54w 10k Bulbs, a total of 324 Watts. The exact fixture is found by clicking this link:
[URL]http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/3958/product.web?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=nova_extreme_t5
[/URL]
What kind of corals can I adequately support if I were to purchase a tank with these dimensions: 48" long, 36" wide and 24" deep (190 gallons)?

I am finding mixed opinions when googling it, some people seem to think the "3-4 watts per gallon" rule applies, while some think the depth of the tank is all that matters. I was thinking that the tank I want is 24" deep, I should be okay on any corals. I could be wrong. I hope it can support that big of a tank considering I dropped $400+ on this fixture.

Right now I have a 90 gallon, 24" tall and I have LPS, SPS, and soft corals all doing very well. Just want to see what my max size tank can be with my current light fixture.

Thanks for any input, I am hoping for good news!

While you can handle the 24 inch depth with that fixture, I personally think you'd need a second for the 3 foot width

Gotcha, thanks for the input. I guess I could buy a cheaper fixture to go next to it just to add another 200 or so watts to the total lighting.

Back