Lighting replacement

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Sup all,

Got a question. I want to replace the lighting on my 12 gallon Aquapod as seen below...
DSC_0015.jpg

Closed...
DSC_0021-1.jpg

Open..

I have seen lights on other nanos but my opening dimension is only 16"... I have only found Light bars that were 20" across. I dont need MH, just want PC , T5's would work, and something for nighttime, not sure what I need.

Something like this...
P42622.jpg

Or maybe some kind of clip on light powerful enough to maintain 3-4watts per gallon.. I will have to severly mod the tank to make it work but all that lid does is make my tank overheat, and the fan is really noisy, disturbs the sleepin snails..

My only limitation is it has to be attached to the tank in some way shape or form.. I also have to make a custom cover for the back area where the filters and such are.. Any help would be awesome....

The 70w is my preference,going with a higher watt may cause more of a heat issue.IMO,I think should be able to keep all corals.

I was only giving you a link.Dr. Foster and Smith or another place may be cheaper.

Last edited:
T5 are but the problem is most of the fixtures are 24'' or longer.If you don't mine hanging it or mine having it hang off the sides then go with that.

Back