lighting upgrade question

kimoy

CERTIFIED BUM
i just have a question for you guys out there. can you run T5 bulbs on a PC ballasts? i have a 96wtts pc and want to convert it into a T5. what watt bulb can i use. i want to use the highest wattage i can get. and it is a 48 inch hood. how about a metal halides. if i have now a 150 halides and want to upgrade to a 250, do i need to change my wirings too?

kimoy said:
i just have a question for you guys out there. can you run T5 bulbs on a PC ballasts? i have a 96wtts pc and want to convert it into a T5. what watt bulb can i use. i want to use the highest wattage i can get. and it is a 48 inch hood. how about a metal halides. if i have now a 150 halides and want to upgrade to a 250, do i need to change my wirings too?

if you want to change the MH from 150 to 250, got to change the light fixture, bulb & ballast :smile:

Others may have some input, but, my advice is to not mix and match different lighting system components unless you are well versed in electrical and electronics for those ballasts. One of my biggist fears in this hobby with all the equipment we run is an electrical fire, so, beware. Too much is involved to answer the question here and too easy to give wrong advice. sorry, cant help on this one.

Back