lights, are these ok?

devicore16

Reefing newb
anyone familiar with T4's?? its cheaper, you think this can be used in a reef tank?? its low consumption and energy efficient with good light output too, and comes in good variety of colors! what u think guys?

I've never heard of T4's.

.....and to answer your other question.Car headlights(xenon) will not work.Not the correct spectrum,kelvin or something like that.

Never heard of T4s either. Do you mean T5s? Because T5s work great for reef tanks. Also answered your other question, xenon bulbs do not emit the correct type of radiation that corals need to survive, so they won't work.

oh, alright.. sorry for the geeky stuff. how bout bright leds? are they ok... btw,t4's they look like t5,but it says on the label that its t4..there's lots you can buy at lamp shops! now i wonder, maybe its just a replica of a t5? lol.. try google it..

I have one on myten gallon fresh.It is 24" long,56 watts,reflectors,plants are doing great in the tank, I love my t5 that i got from them, they even threw in blue LED strip but that broke becuse I ran over the cord with the vacume.

Back