Lights for fowlr

Rufio808

Reefing newb
I just got a 2 bulb coralife fixture that comes with a 10k bulb and an actinic. What bulbs would you all recommend for my fowlr? I'm not getting any corals anytime soon : ( I was thinking of just using two actinics for the bluish hue. Does live rock come into play with light spectrum/wattage?

Brians right,nothing special....
however, i noticed i never started getting coralline growth till i got T-5's,and added more LR with good growth on it...

I would personally go for one atinic and one higher K value bulb. Two actinics IMO, wouldnt put off much light to actually watch the fish.

True. I just thought about that too. I've been looking for pics/vids of tank with just their actinics on to see how well the fish show up.

Great site too Nemo.

I can post pics of my tank later tonight with just the actinics on, it's 4 T5s but on a bigger tank.

I can post pics of my tank later tonight with just the actinics on, it's 4 T5s but on a bigger tank.

Hey thanks a lot! I mostly need to see how the fish look. I already like how tanks look with actinics :^: I'm sure your tank will further support that.

Hey, sorry it took me so long but, I was in NY for the weekend and couldn't post the pics. Here they are though, this is only with actinic lighting on and no white balance correction.
T5picMFF.jpg

T5picLW.jpg

T5picPBT.jpg

Back