Lights out

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I had to send my lights in to get fixed. While me and my daughter were plugging them in she got shocked bad. I was on the back side of the tank handing her the plugs to plug into the outlets. She plugs in the first one ok but when I handed her the second one she touched the metal on the plug and got a terrible shock. She just sat there with this look. I ran around front to see if she was alright. It took her awhile to come back to reality. She said the shock went all the way up to her head. I wanted to take her to hospital to make sure she was alright but she insisted she was ok. I do believe they are wired wrong. There should not be electricity running through a unplugged cord. This a safety hazard. So for my sanity I want them checked out. So they went by UPS today which cost quite a bit which sucked. There went my coral money. Hopefully I get them back by the end of the week. So my tank will be without lights for four to five days. Is there anything I should watch? I fed my fish this morning and they all ate. I hate having a dark tank.

Sounds like you made the right decision Piggy.If your getting juice through a cord thats not plugged in,it could be real bad.Not just from the shock either,but could be a fire hazard.

Still haven't heard anything about my lights. They should of gotten them today because they went fast. I can say that any algae I had in my tank is dying because my protein skimmer is working overtime. All my fish are eating except for one he doesn't come out of his sleeping hole.

Back