LilReef's first 60g build

So, update - good and bad...
Bad: algae bloom...ugh...diatoms all over the place - green film on the glass daily
Really bad: Bruce the Banghaii disappeared :(
Good: Hosted my local reef club meeting to show off my tank - that was fun - great to have others goo and gaa over my tank instead of just me! lol - I even got "new tank hostess gifts" woot!! (mostly zoos)
Also, my RBTA split about a week ago...
That's all! :)

I've been away for a while so here are some updated pics.
FTSMarch2011.jpg

Sidetankshotmarch2011.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

calliopetheclarkii.jpg

BigMomma.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

Your tank looks great! How are the two different clowns getting along for you?

Thanks!
They actually get along great.
I was keeping a close watch in case I needed to take her (Caliope the Clarkii) out if things got rough, but so far, so good. Caliope has claimed the nem, and they are so happy together!
Big momma & Clyde left the nem as soon as the Elegance went in and have not left it...the nem sat empty for a couple of months before the clarkii came along.

Everything looks great! Your duncans are gorgeous, and that clown/nem picture rocks!

Hey Biff, I dont have duncans - which pic are you talking about - the last one? If so, that's an elegance. Both of my Ocellaris hosted it about 2 minutes after it went into the tank. It's the "centerpiece" of the tank - it really is beautiful.

I love this hobby.

Tank update:
Had a temp spike during the summer, lost about 5 of my best corals :(
The elegance, my gorgeous purple torch, the big hammer, 2 frogspawn (large) frags, even bleached out my 3 little nems - they are fine though, just not green anymore - mostly white.
The RBTA split again, and now the clarkii cant decide which one she likes better.

I'll have to start rebuilding my coral stock over time - way too expensive for me right now - tank still looks pretty good though.

Hope everyone here is doing well!!

Just read thru your thread and, I've got to give you some props, building your stand, doing the plumbing, all very impressive. :) Tank pics were amazing. Do you have any updated pics? So sorry about your temperature issues....hard to think of that elegance gone.

Just read thru your thread and, I've got to give you some props, building your stand, doing the plumbing, all very impressive. :) Tank pics were amazing. Do you have any updated pics? So sorry about your temperature issues....hard to think of that elegance gone.

I havent taken any pics recently - it just does not look anything like the previous ones :(

Thanks for looking - I'll post new pics as soon as I can get this baby looking good again!

:Cheers:

Back