Lionfish.

Kelz88

Got Reef?
Can a fu man chu and a zebra lionfish co exist in a tank? Maybe not in a 55 gal but is it possible to get them in the same tank? or is this begging for trouble?

If need be i can put the fu man chu in the 30 and trade my hawkfish in, but is that enough space for a fu man chu? Or is that just cruel?

Many thanks in advance!

Im pretty sure that lionfish will get along with each other given enough room, so I would wait until you upgrade from the 30.

At the Georgia Aquariam they had a very cool tank with all of these lionfish in it. Ill try and find a picture of it later

I was thinking that if i could get both the chromis, and the zebra gobies out would the 55 be enough.

Due to my bad planning the gobies and chromis should Not be with the lion anyways. Im just hoping i can get everyone out (unlikely) before this becomes a problem.

The clowns i figure can stay because Marty is more scared of them then they are of him.

Another thing i worry about is the lighting factor, i have 4t5s over the 55, but just stock lighting under the 30gs hood. Is 4t5s too bright for a fu man chu...of for that matter.. Marty?

Another option would be to wait, but lets try and avoid that one unless we have to ;)

Back