LionFish's 55Gallon

The design looks sound Lion.
You have to tell me what program you used.I tried once with paint,it looked like crap.

You planning on a double fuge?

the program is sketshup 6 a google product. ( thanks sammy)

Yes it is a double design im not shure what pump i am gonna use
Any suggestions

Yote any Plans with your overflow yet

Whatever you use,DON'T use a Mag Drive as a external pump.Its loud as hell!I'm ordering a Panworld external pump soon.They suppose to be quiet and doesn't have heat issues.I sure Iwaki and others are good too.

I have one pump doing it all....return,feeds the fuge and 3 cylinders(carbon,floss,phosphate remover).I went this route so I wouldn't have heat issues running three pumps.

Reef - how are you using your Magdrive? submerged or external?

If submerged: I have two and also found them noisy. The noise was created by vibration if I had them sat on the floor of my sump. I now have them sat on a piece of filter mat so they don't touch the glass and all is quiet....

I have a Mag 9.5 submerged,running a skimmer.Yeah,those pumps vibrate pretty bad.I actually have suction cups silicone to the bottom holes..I have a Mag 2400 as a return ran externally.Its sitting on two mouse pads.Its really not the vibration as much as the noise it makes.I've heard now from others that mags are great if ran submerged but are loud externally.

This is how I do it in or out of water.
IM002718.JPG

IM002719.JPG

Last edited:
New additions and Intro to my 20 tall

My 20 $ xenia Rock I will post another pic tomorrow when it opens

Newadds051.jpg

Powder brown Tang

Newadds048.jpg

Hard to photo
It seams to be doing well The yellow tang had an issue with it for about 5 min. but they are swimming around just fine together now

This is my 20 tall ! I know i posted pics of it when all i had was water

well i got Sand Rock a True perc clown 2 Blue damsels after it cycled
today i picked up some new fish for it as well

I got a baby Sailfin tang
Newadds046.jpg

I quickly realised that the damsels were not gonna work
after i noticed them Bullying the tang They are currently in a 10 gallon tank awaiting Trial ! I had to pull out all the Rock to catch em !

Spotted Goby
Newadds044.jpg

No sign of ich anywhere
All stress Gone

Yeah !
Did you see what the Damsels did To that Sailfins Fins

Bastards may get to meet the Buisness end of Hector ( Lions name)

Wonder what kinda Video that would Be !

lol all part of my evil plan muhahahahahaha ha ha ha ha
Stuff the 55 till fish are falling out of the rim and Instant upgrade!

Back