LionFish's Journey to the Big Tank Club (Loads of pics)

Yeah the color is amasing... Not as Bright as it was but the color makes up for that ... I got cheap O lights the brand is Coral Grow... Not bad tho ... Ill just have to keep an eye on em ...

Ryan you can post the pics here if you want... the 420's or 460's will Be my 4 96 watt PC's... I have a MH/PC combo unit... I mainly want them for the Times when the MH is not on ... I tend to run the PC's Longer and I think the purple would look Great against the Neon ass green my GSP's are pumping... I Believe My last battle with Cyano Got my monti and Frog spawn.. The bad Lights didnt help me save em .
I would use a turkey baster and Try to keep the cyano away... I may have lost..

I know the frogspawn is gone... My Clown is Pissed.
the Monti I still see polyps every now and then... Its Not Bleached so im gonna keep it in there and HOPE it comes back

The 420 will give more fluorescing than the blue(460).A dual bulb with both looks good together.You already have blue,the 20k MH,how about a dual bulb,say half daylight/half actinic.

10k/420nm and 10k/460nm.

Here are a few Quick pics... Enjoy... WOW THE GSP'S and BAM BAMS POP now

PS-Clam.jpg

these gsp's were a lil angry still

PS-GSP.jpg

Alex mail me a Thermos, plastic baggie and a rubber band and I will send you some of these...

PS-GSPBambams.jpg

PS-NASO.jpg

PS-uni2.jpg

PS-uni3.jpg

Wow that is just gorgeous! The colors are jaw dropping!

Isn't hlle something that can start but with good water quality, tank size, and a healthy diet it can be held at bay but never goes away? Just wondering.

From what I have read HLLE will go 100% away(usually not if the fish is kept in the same system reason is not yet understood) but sometime there will be a little scarring.

Huh weird. Cuz jack definitely has it. It has stopped spreading but the markings don't go away and we heard it can start right up again if the tank environment isn't great. So I dunno I'm all confused. Haha!

From what Ive read normally if the fish stays in the same system it wont go away. Its not a disease that is readily understood from what I have read.

thanks cthegame

I think that is just the markings on the fish
Dont believe it is MHLLE.. those marks are on both sides of his face in the same spot... Iono i think it gives him character

Ryan not to go against that at all, but i did very extensive research on HLLE because of Jack. and Im 99% sure it does not go away. At least when its bad because you have physically lost not only skin but tissue below. it will always have a mark. just wont spread any further if it stops.

yeah there are a lot of things that are out there and there are so many contradicting things out there. But for the majority if what I have learned, The major damage does not go away. of course any deterioration of fins at all is able to grow back, but head and lateral line damage, no.

LOL no i got an orange sholder tang... when it calms down it will be Photos galore... its a baby still yellow...

Back