Lipstick Tang dieing HELP!!!!!!!!

Hello i have only hade my tank for 1 year,
I have 1 emperor anglefish, 1 strawberrydottyback, 1 marone clownfish, 1 brown tang, 1 gobby head, i carnidal fish and 1 sick lipstick tang.

My lipstick tang appears to be very sick. We have hade it for two weeks now and it has been eating every day. But this morning it did not eat!!! It spent ALL DAY at the top of the tank and now has turned a very dark black colour with a few white patches and one line across its eye and has lots of spots. I have put it into an isolation net and it is just lying down now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its usual dieat consists of brine shrimp and marine cusine along with nori.

PLEASE HELP I THINK THAT IT IS DIEING.

Thanks alot.

the problem is your terribly overstock, you have two big tangs and a big angelfish in a 58 US gallon tank, so that could have caused it or it could be stressed from getting picked on by the brown tang and emperor angel

Unfortunately, usually by the time you notice a fish is sick and not eating, it's too late. You can try soaking its food in garlic extract and a vitamin additive such as Selcon, that helps stimulate the appetite and will help boost its immune system. It's hard to say if there is any particular disease wrong with it, since diseases usually manifest themselves as spots or sores.

The diet you have been feeding the tang sounds good, so malnutrition doesn't seem to be a problem, but Dustin is right that your tank is too small for 3 of your fish (the tangs and the angel). Even if they are small, they have very high metabolisms and require a lot of oxygen. Small tanks don't provide them with enough swimming room, and they usually don't live long in tanks that size. They stress and get sick very easily in tanks that are too small for them.

I Would have to a agree. Tangs need alot of room to swim and if you overstock your aqaurium it could stress it out.

Unfortunately, usually by the time you notice a fish is sick and not eating, it's too late. You can try soaking its food in garlic extract and a vitamin additive such as Selcon, that helps stimulate the appetite and will help boost its immune system. It's hard to say if there is any particular disease wrong with it, since diseases usually manifest themselves as spots or sores.

The diet you have been feeding the tang sounds good, so malnutrition doesn't seem to be a problem, but Dustin is right that your tank is too small for 3 of your fish (the tangs and the angel). Even if they are small, they have very high metabolisms and require a lot of oxygen. Small tanks don't provide them with enough swimming room, and they usually don't live long in tanks that size. They stress and get sick very easily in tanks that are too small for them.

Back