liquid test kits

reefnoob

Reefing newb
I've always wondered about this but forgot to ask. When you are using the liquid test kits and are comparing the colors to the chart, are you supposed to press the tube right against the white area of the chart and measuring it, or are you supposed to put the tube about 1 cm in front of the white area of the chart? Because if you put the tube right up against the white area, the shadows make the color seem darker, so the nitrates look like it says 20.But when you leave a small space between the tube and the chart, about 1 cm or less, it looks like its about 5. So how are you supposed to place the tube in front of the chart?

just guess. I have fought this battle since the tank was born, also what about lighting that changes the tent as well.

one thing i know about liquid tests is the more natural light you use to compare the colour with better, you get less shadows and colour is easier to figure out. a trick i have learned over my years of fresh water, and yes place the tube up against the white part.

Back