little bugs on glass?

greg1186

Reefing newb
there are teeny tiny little white bug lookin things on my glass... they are litterally near microscopic... i didnt even know they were bugs till i looked real hard and saw on move, there are a bunch of them... about quarter the size of a pin head.. thats my best explanation hah.

They are absolutely evil, they are a sign that your whole tank is about to crash.

Haha just kidding, white bugs on the glass are an excellent sign, they are most likely pods. Amphipods, copepods, etc. All serve as bonus food for the fish, and are indicators of a healthy tank. :Cheers:

haha, thanks for making my heart drop for a second, i needed that. ok well.. i still have yet to put anything except a cuc and two coral frags... i wanna add a skunk cleaner and a clown fish... should i do this seperatly or together? and when?

You can add them both at the same time. Has your tank finished cycling? If so, then you can add them now.

my tank never cycled.... i added fish food to start the cycle.. and it never happened. apparently i have high quality live rock that was in an aquarium for years and years.. i never once saw a spike in ammonia or anything else. its been going for more than a month

You can add them both at the same time. Has your tank finished cycling? If so, then you can add them now.

Finish the cycle first if your done you can add them and the white things are copepods i have them too and if you have little 1 cm bug in your sand they are more likey ampipods i have 2 in my tank :mrgreen:

Back