little confused

Ted

Living one day at a time
Ok since I decided to do the nano build in September I have started really looking at corals. I have always been a fish person before. Anyway i have been looking at the nano coral packs on the online sellers and im wondering can you realy add 4 of 5 corals at one time? Just goes against the grain with me. Always one fish wait 3 to 4 weeks are corals that different? :shock:

corals do not significantly affect the biological filtration of the tank as they have no waste so you can add lots at once. I would take it slow if you're new though.

Yup, what he said. They don't produce waste like fish do, so you don't have to wait in between additions (kinda like your cleaner crew).

Thanks for the info. You would think that would be one of the first thing the books would tell you. Guess I missed it

I agree with all the above.

One thing to remember is that if your water quality isn't just right you will lose all your sps corals. Because of that I would recommend adding them slowly and watching them to see how they do to minimize your loses. You could add 5-6 corals yes, but you could also lose 5-6 coral all at once.

Good luck!

Another thing about adding a whole bunch at one time is keeping an eye on all 5 while they settle in. I like to only add a few at a time so I can devote attention to them and make sure they're opening up in the spot they're at. But other than that there's no reason you couldn't add 5 at a time.

Back