little critters

jcgs

Reefing newb
hi everyone,

new to this forum and would like to ask some opinions form ya.

I've had a 28g JBJ nano CF up and running for bout 7 months now. All the chemistry is good and livestock seems healthy and vigorous. It includes 2 leather corals, zoos,yellow polyps and some xenia. Along with 2 yellowtail damsels a yello watchman goby, serpentstar pepermint shrimp ,a conchand numerous hermits and snails.
I have recently found some unknown members: some little guys I call bugs...very small and clear over everything (sand & rock)??? also I have found what looks like glass anemones but they are much thinner and long and narrow necked with a small ball of tenticles??

does anyone know what these are?
thanx in advance

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome

The little critters sound like pods, which are good guys. The little nems you are describing could be ball anemones, which are good guys, but it sounds more like a glass anemone like you said and I would get rid of them with aiptasia X

:helm2: Thanx for the info !!

I looked at those anemones again.....white hair in appearance with little caps of tenticles. I am gonna go with the ball anemone....looks to stringy for glass.

Much appreciated:^:

new to the forum as well. I would say pods also. I woke one morning and my 55 had so many pods that the water was almost white, they died back a little in a couple days.

Back