Little F^@ker!!!!!

OK, so, I have given up on the idea of using the bottle trap on the sandbed. The keyhole angel is too fast in and out of the bottle to trap him. He is starting to hork down my Xenia...A big no-no. I have rigged up a different trap, kind of a hang on the side trap. I am kicking myself for adding the little f*^ker. I know it is my fault, but I find it comical that I had better luck with the Koran and Blue with corals than with this little turd.

I am going to try this trap for two days, and if it doesn't work...I will have no choice but to break down my tank and catch him. I am afraid that the removal of all the rock will stress the hell out of my fish and cause an Ich outbreak. I am not happy. I never wanted a reef tank for this reason, corals are expensive and I don't want them to die due to some fish. Grrr.

Yote, have you actually caught tiny fish with a lure and a hook or were you just joking? I am almost to the point of trying it...

-Doc

any angel will destroy them. if you are looking for an angel that is really quite safe for your tank.....Majestic Angel, Majestic Angel

-Doc

they may eat xenia. Majestic angels do not each much of anything, except algae and meaty fare. they are not bad fish to have in a reef. Do the homework and see for yourself. as for your kenya trees, Biff. Picasso Trigger will take care of that for you. My Koran ate mine tho.

-Doc

yeah, Picasso maybe a bit extreme, huh. BTW Biff, thanks for the favor I asked for. You are a sweetheart.

-Doc

gee, thanks Namor, I think. As far as the favor, Dominick, I will take it to my grave, it was that special.

-Doc

Doc,
Nope.I wasnt joking with you about catching them with a hook and line.
it may take a few trys,and it can be a pain to get the bait on the hook.But it's still a whole easier than breaking down the tank and taking the risk of stressing your other fish.

You can get barbless hooks that will do alot less damage. I have heard of people doing this. Being a fisherman myself I would love to see a video of this.

how do I keep my over aggressive Regal Tang from attaching himself on the hook? I would hate to hook the wrong fish

-Doc

I am probably going to break down half my tank to get it out. I am dedicating two solid hours to it tomorrow. I will post successful pics after the blood bath

-Doc

Back