Little Fish's Tiny Tank of Awesome

So here are some more photos, plus a video of the shrimps and the tank.

link below will take you to the video.
http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/little_fish2012/?action=view&current=DSC_0034.mp4

DSC_0025.jpg

That is part of the zoa garden, its hard to get a front shot with all the different zoas.

DSC_0022.jpg

I just like this angle. Ill post more pics later, but im done editing for the night

Last edited:
So it has been a really rough few weeks for the tiny tank. I treated for flat worms which killed two of the sexy shrimp, my scallops, and a few of my snails. This resulted in a nasty cyano outbreak, follow by hair algae. I finally have the cyano under control, but im still working on the hair algae. I also got a few more zoas for the tank as you can see. Im also really happy to see my duncan frag slowly but surly growing back! I also added a pom pom crab. She doesnt come out when the lights are on, but we eat breakfast together almost everyday! I still really want to add a clown goby to the tank, but i need to get this hair algae under control before i add a real waste producer.

But here are the pics:

The following two pics were taken before the disaster, and it makes me a little sad to look at them and see the whole family of sluts. But the pictures were so pretty so i put them up. This is just with natural morning light coming through the window.

DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

I have named her Darla.

Sorry about your shrimp, scallop, and snails...

The HA doesn't look so terrible; I'm sure you'll be able to get everything back to normal! Your corals look awesome, and I really like your new crab as well!

Well its getting better. I spent 15 minutes every day carefully pulling out clumps with tweezers. Its very boring/awkward, but the results are good!

Well "Go" died when i left to visit my dad over christmas, and no idea what happend to "Pause". Never found a body, but i think he jumped. I mentioned it on one of my previous posts.

She is so cool! Its also kinda neat looking at her shadow in her cave during the day.

But she does tai chi around the tank as i eat my cereal.

nice new additions.... sorry about all the problems. :( I'm still battling cyano, so at least you're past that stage? :)

if you want to train your pom pom to come out with lights on, I used reef chili. I feed it the same time for a few days, just a tiny amount, and the pom pom comes out to wave his little poms on time, every time.

So over the weekend i pulled the filter section apart and did a total clean, and like magic the hair algae and cyano have completely stopped growing. It was so nasty, it kinda gives me the willies thinking about it.

But anyways, the coral are going well, the sun coral has sprouted a new head. The sluts are going great as well, as is the pom pom crab. Following Tanked's suggestion im trying to get her to come out during the day, and i think we are making progress.

Ill try and get some more pics, but i have been kinda lazy of late :D

Still looking for a yellow clown goby, and it i looks like i need to get busy with that.

Back