Live Aquaria Order!

OK OK OK let me clear this up.

My account and only my online account is tied to the Business Partner Member ship and basically I have to be the one to enter the order. Here are the stipulations.

Exclusive 10% Discount on qualifying aquarium supplies orders of $500 or more. (Does NOT apply to liveaquaria.com items, Salt, or Limited availability items)

So drfosterssmith items minus salt get the discount if we get more than 500$ worth... Live Aquaria don't get a discount.

Ok now that that is all cleared up lets move foward. This has been verified by the Business Partner program at DR. Fosters so whoever Bryan talked to didn't have a brain.

brandon

JellyMan said:
Depending on what Yote has to say I may have a rather significant order somewhere around 1600 mark can you handle that tin-man?
Now why does it depend on what I gotta say?,,all I want is 10 lil ole nassarius snails.,,lol
Other than that I aint got no dog in the race.:mrgreen:

yote said:
Now why does it depend on what I gotta say?,,all I want is 10 lil ole nassarius snails.,,lol
Other than that I aint got no dog in the race.:mrgreen:
No lol when you asked me if I was talking about the tank at bermuda the way you were asking seemed like there was something wrong with it so I was going to take the money that I was going to put into the 125 and put it into the 55 Im getting from mike now that I know that there isnt I have to change my gameplan :D

I'm just throwing this out there for discussion, but are we for sure that ordering things from drsfosterandsmith is the most cost effective way to go? It has been my observation, that even with a 10% discount, they are over priced. It seems most of the items we are all wanting could come from the local guys? Just a question. I am trying to look out for my peeps!! :mrgreen:

you volunteering to take over the order? The problem with mass orders from the local guys is they never know what they can get and can't get from one week to the next and they don't have a website everyone can see what have in stock or can get.

We push supporting the local stores and that is why we try to limit the number of online orders per year. This will be the first this year and we only did one last year.

It should also be noted that most all our donations at the last swap came from online vendors.

Just my thoughts.
Brandon

I'm not volunteering this time. I did the reefermadness order and it seemed to take forever to get all the arrangements for that made. I also didn't mean to imply we all go to one local guy and order. I just hope everyone that is placing a large order at least looks around beforehand and check out prices.

I am also very grateful for the online guys support, especially during the frag swap last year! :mrgreen:

sailfin said:
I'm not volunteering this time. I did the reefermadness order and it seemed to take forever to get all the arrangements for that made. I also didn't mean to imply we all go to one local guy and order. I just hope everyone that is placing a large order at least looks around beforehand and check out prices.

I am also very grateful for the online guys support, especially during the frag swap last year! :mrgreen:

Thanks for your concern, but I have looked around. I'm all about supporting LFS,but shouldn't have to buy them a new car just to get some live rock.

hey anthony, Im not sure what local store you have been frequenting that has prices even close to our online vendors?
Im not saying Dr foster is the cheapest online vendor either, but it is within a few dollars on just about anything. Im all for supporting our local stores, thats why I frequent my LFS bermuda and always spend money if I walk in the door.
the club is covering the shipping which takes a large portion of the cost down for each of us. plus like brandon said the LFS's have a harder time filling a order than I do. the couple times we have tried doing group buys with the local stores they have ended in a mess. and the store gets irritated with the club for it. SO all that said this appears to be the easiest and cheapest way right now.

I'm all for LFS for livestock but I have noticed and I don't mean any offense but they are double sometimes triple the price of online vendors when it comes to dry goods.. I just can't understand why they have there prices so high on drygoods.

Anyway just my 2 cents.
/d

I already have some changes to make to my order but I'll wait until almost time to order before I make them because some aren't certain yet. My list will still be over that $500 mark on dry goods.

thats the kinda stuff that makes my job difficult, dangit jermpool!:mrgreen:
Ok guys here is the plan since no one seems to follow directions.

Order dedline is febuary 9th. orders must be finalized and PMed to me by then.
the order for dry goods will be placed that saturday and dry goods should arrive midweek. live aquaria order will be placed midweek and scheduled for a saturday delivery. so our febuary meeting needs to be that saturday (febuary 17th). At which your items will be handed out unless prior arrangments are made. we still havent had anyone really volunteer to host febuarys meeting so that is yet to be anounced. If this a timing issue for any of you let me know asap.

That all works for me boss! That is the best weekend for me - I'll be out of town the next weekend. I'll be sure to pm you my order at 11:59pm the day before the deadline...wouldn't want you to have anything too easy!! pres!!!

thanks for thinking of me pat!
jerm, the money would probly have to be paid before the order is placed, I know we have to pay DRfoster immediatly. ill see what can be done. see if you can find out for sure what date you will have the money.

I filed on line and when I checked the status yesterday it said I should have my money no later than Feb 13. I realy think it will be here by next friday though, i hope. Which happens to be the deadline. If it is here by then I could bring you the cash either Friday evening or sat sometime. I will post my order as soon as I get it.

if we need to we can hold off on accually placing the order till the 13th, but I would still like to have a final list by the 9th

As of right now it looks like we should get free shipping and 10% discount from Drsfoster dry goods (except for salt and limited quantity items) . and it will be free shipping from liveaquaria with no discount. Plus no tax on either order

Last edited:
Back