Live Rock and "Sculpting" tanks

Nedim

Reefing newb
Ok, I did some research and I think I'm starting to form an idea of how to aquascape my tank. The thing Im not sure about though, is what "hirock" is. Also, how much lr would be good for a 46g bow? I work at a petstore and I can get it super cheap, so I think I already have a good source.

I ordered two 80's for my 150, im sure a 40lb box will be plenty, or, maybe even less. once you have enough base you can build your reef with tonga, or figi, or other dead to keep cost down and then seed it with some high end cured rock. since you work in the industry you should be able to do all this reaonably cheap so if you end up with a bit more rock than you need you can sell it to recover some of your cost. hope this helps. keep us posted.

All depends on what type of a reef you want to build. If you want to build off of the bottom, massive, then HiRocks.com might be the ticket (mined reef rock from an ancient reef), or if you want light and open then you might want to try to build up with Kaelin, figi, or tonga dead and seed with live. You do not need to build your reef with all live. a couple pieces in the right place after the reef is up will seed your system just fine. hope this helps. just make sure you use only marine rock in your system.

Back