Live Rock Critters?

CSCULTHO

Reefing newb
Who can tell me where I can find out what the animals and plants are on my live rock?? I am particularly interested in finding out what these small white 5 legged star fish looking things are and if they will grow any bigger?? :question:

If you can post some pics that would really help. alot of sea creatures "sound" alike when trying to explain them. But a picture is worth a thousand words. Post some pics, or details and someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

Do the legs look very thin kinda like noodles if so they might be brittle stars.
They are good guys very helpful in a reef.Brittles d over time get pretty big but
thats ok you can alway remove them if they out grow your tank.There is alot of site that have info on reef critters.If you have an idea on what you think it looks like start with a general google search.I have found this site is helpful in many ways http://wetwebmedia.com/

brittle star....that's it. Are there any tips I need to know about taking care of him/her? Do they have any special diet.

Thanks for your help.

a brittle star should find enough food just scurrying through the rock. I have tons of them in my tanks. they allways seem to find food, they are a good part of the clean up crew!!!!

graphixx said:
a brittle star should find enough food just scurrying through the rock. I have tons of them in my tanks. they allways seem to find food, they are a good part of the clean up crew!!!!
I second that

Back