Live Rock?

dragonet123

Reefing newb
I was wondering what is happening to my live rock. Over the past few months, it has gain lots of coralline algae, but suddenly all of algae died. Now I'm starting to see more algae . Why is this happening to my live rock? Is it because my aquarium is still new?

Thanks

How old is your tank? Have you changed lighting? My coralline died off when I changed to LEDs from T5 lighting but has made a comeback.

Sorry we need a lot more info to be any help, tank size what you have for lighting (how many bulbs, what kind of bulbs, age of the bulbs, watts of the bulbs, color of the bulbs) water paramiters ( temp, salinity, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, calcium, alk, phosphate levels) were not tank psychics

1 year max.
cheers Rob i was told by my old lfs that it was 6 to 8 months but i will go with your advice on this as that lfs mysteriously shut down and in my first month of my tank the guy there tried to sell me an acan and a sea cucumber! for a 10 gal tank not even fully cycled and not compatible for these species.

Agreed depending on your photo period a fluorescent tube will start to shift in wavelength from 6-9 months so a at one year it's at the end of its life.

Back