Liveaquaria.com Worth it?

Shep

Reefing newb
Hey

I was once again window shopping there wishing that I had much more money and tank space but back to the point. The thing I am wondering is that are the fish worth it? The local fish shop I buy from is kind of a gamble when it comes to fish quality, so I was wondering is liveaquaria.com worth the cost and shipping rates? this includes corals, inverts, live rock, etc

Last edited:
Personally, I don't like to buy livestock online. I prefer to pick my stuff myself instead of relying on somebody I've never met to make the choice.
I also want to see the actual animal I'm buying before money changes hands.

BUT!!!
If I was going to buy online, it would be from liveaquaria.

I've had 1 DOA from them out of 2 orders made . I called them with the info , offered up pics (they didn't want them) and they offered replacement or instant refund on the spot. I took the refund and bought that fish local since I couldn't be home for a second shipment.

They are good people , and I would buy again for sure.

I made one purchase from them. The main reason was I had not had much luck with the LFS and they guarantee 14 days. I did pick a fish that was on sale and it was 20 dollars cheaper than the LFS. That in it self was worth the risk. Anyway I purchased 4 fish/Inverts and they came well packaged. I did lose 1 fish before the 14 days and they credited my account no problem. I would have no problem ordering from them again.

Shep - What LFS do you use? I am also in MD.

Live aquaria is awesome. They are out of rhinelander wi. They are open to the public and offer big discounts when going on tours. Carry your money lightly, as you could quickly blow the bank. If you purchase from there, they allow you to return anything no questions asked.

they also corentine for 30 days

LiveAquaria does not quarantine anything, the Divers Den facility does QT their fish. But, if you're serious about QTing all your additions to your tank are you going to trust someone else to do that for you?

Thanks for all the responses about it and I think I might buy myself a fish or two soon just to give it a try. I really like the 14 day guarantee, I wish my LFS had that lol

I have purchased a ton of fish and corals from Live Aquaria and only have a few issues which they took care of instantly. I have about 5 fish that I got there 4+ years ago and the colors are still top notch.

Only corals have died but that is clearly not their fault.

I would always try to get the free shipping because it is like getting a few free corals if you can afford the $225.

Packing is superb and shipping is next day. The time they spend in the bag is not much longer than you would think and less than 24hrs. I ordered at cutoff and they were at my door before lunch the next day.

I have to say getting hermits and snails is the best. You can always expect perfect stuff.

Where else can you get a 3.5 inch Acro that full? No place locally can even touch that price. It is like $40 for a 2" if you are lucky and never in those colors.

Last edited:
Hey

I was once again window shopping there wishing that I had much more money and tank space but back to the point. The thing I am wondering is that are the fish worth it? The local fish shop I buy from is kind of a gamble when it comes to fish quality, so I was wondering is liveaquaria.com worth the cost and shipping rates? this includes corals, inverts, live rock, etc

I buy sometimes from Liveaquaria and they are an excellent company!

Back