Living Reefs T-Shirt Contest!

To inform everyone about what's going on, I tried to submit Dennis' design to Cafe Press and Zazzle, the two companies that Catherine recommended. They won't be able to print the design, because they will only do printing on the chest portion of the shirt. This is a problem because Dennis' shirt is a full-frontal design that goes down to the bottom of the shirt. Cafe Press and Zazzle re-size the design so that it's teeny tiny and it looks bad.

I told Catherine about the problems we were having with Cafe Press and Zazzle. She said she'd try to call them to work something out. Apparently they've changed how they do things and won't be able to print the design as it is, although they used to do full-shirt designs. So Catherine said she was going to try another place that was similar to Cafe Press and Zazzle. She said she'd get back to me about it, and that was Sunday night.

So it is being worked on, but I am running into problems. If this other place Catherine is getting in touch with doesn't work out, it is back to Plan A, which was me just ordering them from a t-shirt place in bulk.

As you know I am new to this forum but I was looking through the threads and found this one. The t-shirt idea sounds wonderful. Is it too late to order one or will that come later? BTW you guys are hilarious! I am really glad I found you here. I joined Reef Central first. Unfortunately, they were rather rude and hung up on themselves so I went searching and here I am. Loving this place!

Dennis, you are so cute.

Ok, I've called another company that will be able to do the shirt but it's awkward the way they want to do it. They would give us an email address and each person that wanted to order would have to sign into that email address and re-edit the shirt the way they want to. I've looked around and can't find anyone that will do a custom printed shirt, the way cafepress and zazzle does, on a full frontal design. So, Biff, you're back in charge. I would still like to put up the number 2 and 3 designs on cafepress or zazzle as they are "regular" designs and we can bulk order the full frontal winner.

This is becoming a PITA but it will be worth it when we all have our way cool, Dennis designed, shirts.

C

As you know I am new to this forum but I was looking through the threads and found this one. The t-shirt idea sounds wonderful. Is it too late to order one or will that come later? BTW you guys are hilarious! I am really glad I found you here. I joined Reef Central first. Unfortunately, they were rather rude and hung up on themselves so I went searching and here I am. Loving this place!

Welcome, Johno! I used to live in Lexington, KY. Pretty area of the country you're living in.

You have found the nicest, bestest, greatest, knowledgeableist (:shock:) site on the net! Jump in, the water's great here.

C

Where are the chosen, suggested, designs located? There is a printing company here in Mt. Sterling. I can get a quote from them if you like. I just need to have the design and number of colors to show them.

One of the main reasons we were thinking of going with cafepress and such was to save biff the hassle of taking care of orders/shipping. But I think after the initial wave of orders, things will slow down A LOT and it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If Biff is still up to it, I still think that getting the design custom silk screened is the best way to go.

But I still vote for the softer jersey knit style t-shirts like those from American Apparel vs the thick heavy 6oz cotton ones from Gildan or Fruit of the Loom. :mrgreen:

I'm going to meet with some local printing companies here in Tucson. That way I can save on the initial shipping cost to have them sent to me. This should cut down on the overall cost significantly, even if the cost of the t-shirts themselves are a bit more.

John, if that doesn't pan out, I'd be interested in getting quotes from others (like the company you mentioned). And we haven't ordered the shirts yet. So you can still get in on it! The designs are found in another thread in the contest forum.

Well, the "I'm a Professional" design is also full length. Dennis, your "New School" was number 3 AND it's a short design, can you get it up? :rofl: on zazzle or cafepress, I mean....

C

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there...why don't we do the t shirts with whatever the new logo ends up being? Its obviously going to be a more simplistic and realistic design to get to print and we kill two birds with one stone...

We could do that Ryan. I haven't heard from Catherine about what she was looking into for the t-shirts, but I know she was on vacation for a couple weeks.

At least then, we could keep the design in the upper half of the t-shirt, which the online shops will print. The issue I ran into is finding a place to do the full front of the t-shirt -- none of the places online would do it.

Back